- Over seventy-five local family histories, written mostly by family members doing research on their own family history. These can range in size and scope from a small folder to a bound volume or volumes.
- Two file cabinets with newspaper clippings and obituaries arranged alphabetically, with an index to the names filed.
- Forty-three notebooks with copies of newspaper articles featuring prominent Humboldt County people starting in the 1860s and covering almost one hundred years.
- Thirty notebooks with copies of newspaper articles mentioning local men or women serving in WWII.
- Ledger books containing copies of wills, 1888-1931. Click here to view Wills Index.
- Census index every ten years from 1860-1930 (with the exception of 1890).
- Great registers 1865-1896, not inclusive, but fairly complete.
- Index to Humboldt County births up till 1949.
- Index to Humboldt County marriages, 1852-1964.
- Abstract of Humboldt County deaths, 1973-1947.
- Index to obituaries 1854-1950.
- Index to Humboldt County cemeteries.
- Large collection of school yearbooks and a six-volume set of school histories.
- Over 150 oral history tapes and transcripts featuring local folks talking on a variety of subjects.
© The Humboldt County Historical Society 1997 - 2017
All rights reserved.